Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday Tops

Alrighty, I know I'm not fair to post twice on the same day after I just gave you a seriously epic blog, but there's some good stuff to mention.


1. My "person" -- Katie Beth is my "person" - a term we take from 'Grey's Anatomy' to indicate that friend that you have that you can call at 4:00 AM, the one who knows you so well they don't even need to ask how you're doing, the one you call to help you move a body. (Well, hopefully you won't have to, but just in case . . . ) This weekend, I would have liked to have had some one-on-one Katie time too, but I guess this means I have to go visit her in Fresno soon. :o) She freakin' rocks and that's all there is to it.

2. Stanford Hospital Emergency Medicine -- Last Thursday, I volunteered with several other hospital employees to help pack up medical supplies for four of our docs to take to Haiti. These docs will be there for three weeks helping with the ongoing relief effort. What they're doing is truly heroic. I hope everyone reading will at least think about donating to the Red Cross or other relief efforts.

3. Flowers -- I've been treating myself to fresh flowers lately. Rachel, a blogger I follow at Heart-of-Light does a weekly post called Friday Flowers, which is part of my inspiration for Tuesday Tops. Every Friday, she posts photos of pretty flowers (she's quite the photographer - among many other talents and lately, I've found that fresh flowers do more than just die in a vase. They brighten the room, they add color and vibrance and quite simply, they provoke a smile or two. This week I have beautiful, deep red ranunculas. I'll try to take a pic and post tomorrow.

4. Dyson -- The most recent addition to my aquarium, Dyson is my plecostomus. He's here to help me keep the tank clean from algae -- I named him Dyson in the hope that he'd never lose suction. Ha ha ha. :o)

No comments: