Monday, January 4, 2010

I wanna dance with somebody!



This song, as dorky as this may sound, might be one of my all-time favorites. It's so happy, so energetic and when I hear it, yes, I do wanna dance with somebody. Namely a certain boy who lives in South Lake Tahoe.

Today is the first "official" day back in the office. Several of us worked here and there through the holidays (the only mandatory days off were the 24th & 25th and the 31st & 1st), but it was so quiet and goodness knows we didn't exactly crank out 8 hours worth of work on the days we were here. (The bosses okay'ed that, though. I swear.)

Last night, I stayed up waaaaaaaaaay too late talking to this handsome boy I'm dying to dance with (the last time we danced together was at a friend's wedding in 2007 - dang!) finalizing plans for my birthday. I am so jazzed about what we'll be doing that I had a hard time talking myself into going to sleep. This is becoming a recurring theme -- the last several nights Alex and I have talked have resulted in semi-sleeplessness for me because I'm so excited about some of the plans we're making together.

Why can't I be one of those normal people who can simply breathe, smile and drift into sleep knowing that something will happen eventually? Not me. I'm the one who's W-I-D-E awake thinking about all of the possibilities.

So even in my tired state, I'm still really stoked. My birthday (which I like to celebrate in the tradition of a national holiday) happens to fall on a Saturday this year (no deliberation over whether to go to work - yay!). Alex will be joining me in San Jose for the weekend and we'll be playing my favorite game -- "Bay area tourist."

On the to-do list: cross the Golden Gate Bridge, see the Winchester Mystery House (which will be the third trip for me in the last 2 months) and go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Monterey is one of my favorite places in the world and the Aquarium is just so much fun. (Not to sound snobby, but my mom and I visited the National Aquarium in Baltimore several years ago -- we walked away thinking that the "national" aquarium needed to up the ante because it had nothing on Monterey.)

I am beside myself with excitement. And I might need a nap soon.

No comments: