Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ouch, ouch, ouch!

I hope to write something better when my shoulder isn't all seized up. I don't know if I slept funny or what (I'm a tummy sleeper unfortunately, it happens), but yesterday I woke up with a stiffness in my neck and shoulders that just worsened as the day went on.

By the end of the day, the neck was "eh" (a 4 on a 1-10 scale) and the shoulders were "whoa! dang!" (a 7.5 on a 1-10 scale) of pain. Taking a hot shower seemed to help, but laying in bed was awful. I just couldn't get comfortable to save my life. It hurt to try to sit up, roll over, relax too much, or otherwise try to make myself comfortable.

This morning, the movement has been very slow. I avoided driving on the freeway to work because that would require more use of my neck than I am painlessly able to offer. I'm waiting for the Aleve to kick in, the whole time wishing I could just camp on the couch.

I think I should have called in sick. Tuesday Tops tomorrow if I'm feeling up for it.

No comments: