Monday, April 19, 2010

A lazy close to the weekend

I vegged for most of today. I laid in bed reading my new favorite blog, I lounged on the couch watching Gilmore Girls, I ran a couple of errands . . . but only after I half-heartedly attempted a shower and threw on some loungey, slouchy clothes.

I am getting my thyroid checked soon, I think. The weekends hit me so much harder than I think they should. Saturday was busy with some canvassing, a trip into the city (San Francisco -- when you live in the bay area, regardless of your actual address, "the city" is ALWAYS San Francisco), and then some help with the campaign. It doesn't sound like it should have been as exhausting as it felt. :o/

Spending a lot of time with this campaign means I talk to a lot of guys pretty regularly and I usually end up working with the campaign manager (also a guy). It's all completely fine and there's nothing wrong, but it really makes me miss Alex. We haven't seen each other in a while and the communication has been faltering a bit lately. I'm hoping he and I can reconnect when he's here this coming weekend for my race (running 5 miles as part of a marathon relay) -- this long-distance thing seems to get harder. :o(

I cooked a lot tonight -- red lentil dal, cauliflower with mustard lemon butter sauce, and Brussels sprouts (I cook them in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, minced garlic and red chili pepper flakes - YUM!). Yum, yum, yum. I love cooking. It is surprisingly therapeutic to me. :o) Cooking such healthy food is a joy, too. Really, I take such pleasure in it.

So with all of the busyness, the tireness and the "eh"-ness of life lately, I'm finding a surprising comfort in cooking something that nourishes me to take on life with more strength and vigor.

No comments: