Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Piss-and-moan du jour!

Okay . . . here it comes. The gripe list of the day:

1. I'm tired!
Ian wanted my help with a video project for his French class last night. Of course, it was due today, which negates any hope of being able to do some and save the rest for later. Brilliant. Went to bed at a quarter to midnight. Had to get up at 5. Ugh.

2. I'm sick!
There is nothing that ticks me off more than nasal congestion. Seriously. I'll take bronchitis over it any day of the week. (Okay, slight exaggeration there, but I've had bronchitis before and it's not nearly as scary as it sounds.) I have managed to go to bed later than I anticipated two nights in a row now (the first was my fault, the second - see above) and with getting up by 5:00 every morning, it doesn't make for a lot of rest and recuperation, which leads me to . . .

3. I can't run!
I have a marathon in less than 30 days and I'm nowhere near as prepared as I should be! Part of it's my fault for not training better right from the get-go, and while I know I shouldn't be too hard on myself for that (it's a daunting task, but I know it's not going to be my last race), it still aggravates me that now that I need to knuckle down a bit more and go with it, I can't! I ran a few days ago before I really got knocked off my feet and it was fine, but now? I wouldn't be able to breathe all that well.

4. Work is lame!
I really want to stay home for a bit. The last two weekends haven't exactly been my own, so I've been in need of some R&R. Carol's been out sick, and while I wouldn't wish being sick on anyone and I don't blame her for getting sick (it happens), I wish she'd come back so the office wasn't so freaking stressful. Mostly the stress comes from trying to figure out who's doing what. Without the capabilities and the computer access to do all of the work that she's done, it's not like I can step in and do it for her. Ugh.



While I know that a lot of this stuff (okay, ALL of it) isn't really a big deal, it seems like it is right now in the heat of my frustration, upset and general ticked-offness about the whole shebang. I am going home tonight, will be going to bed early. Just me, some NyQuil (the good stuff!) and a cup of Sleepytime tea.

My bed with my beautiful fluffy down comforter is looking so lovely in my mind.

No comments: