Thursday, March 26, 2009

Refreshed. :o)

After days of taking it easy after a 10-mile run and a long weekend hosting my out-of-state buddy, Jonas, it was sooooooooooooo great to hit some pavement tonight and run. I worked pretty hard with my new insoles. The first time I tried to run with them, I could barely do two miles. They were stiff, awkward and slid around a bit. The girl at New Balance had told me that some people put them in over their regular insoles and others replace the originals. Without thinking, I figured that putting them over the top would have been fine. Noooooooooo. Definitely not. Ran tonight, trying it with just the new insoles . . . Holy crap what a difference. :o) I felt light, my feet felt amazing and I'm pretty sure I picked up some speed in the process.

Rock steady. :o)

This was just the kind of motivation I needed to get back on track.

No comments: