Friday, March 27, 2009

List.

A small list of things I'm hopelessly addicted to, if not absolutely in love with:

1. Real Simple.
Best magazine. Ever. It's all about making life so much simpler. Easy recipes (I LOVE to cook, but don't do it often unfortunately), tips for making cleaning faster and more efficient, new uses for old products (I NEVER would have thought to use a travel soap case for my camera but it's so smart!), etc. Lovelovelovelovelove it.

2. Blogs.
I read everyone's blogs. I'm a blog stalker. I read blogs of people I don't even know. It's a compulsion.

3. Random medical information.
Working in a hospital has cultivated a strong desire to absorb as much medical information/trivia as I possibly can. I'm pretty sure I could tell you whether or not you actually have strep throat without the bacterial swab and if I'm feeling feisty, I will correct medical misconceptions.

4. Orthotic insoles for my running shoes.
Seriously. Made my run last night SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better and I have no shin splints or arch pain. Hachachacha! :o)

5. Nail polish changing.
I change the color as soon as I see a chip. I think chipped nail polish is distracting.

6. Research.
Sometimes I think my brain is going to explode for all of the information I want to cram into it.

7. Etiquette.
My latest, greatest obsession. Manners, etiquette, propriety. I feel like a Victorian and I love it. I've always been a HUGE advocate for "thank you" notes (my momma raised me right, ha ha), but lately I've been really trying to brush up on tips to keep me from having to pull my foot out of my mouth. I don't know why I like it so much.

8. Mucinex/expectorants.
I was very prone to respiratory infections as a kid. To this day, if I'm not puking all over the place, I will tough out colds/coughs and other chest viruses. On my medical record, I've had croup (ugh), RSV (no bueno) and bronchitis, all before the age of 5. I have to remind myself to be considerate of others and the fact that they might not share my inclination to "tough it out" (with appropriate amounts of rest and fluids and OTC assistance if needed). Currently, I've got myself a cold (cough and congestion type stuff). I don't know what it is about visitors that always bring out my respiratory weaknesses. When Jake would visit me in Fresno, I'd ALWAYS get sick afterward. However, expectorants are AMAZING.


Okay. I'm done with recommendations for the time being.

No comments: